Ask The Principal

Saturday, June 10, 2006

A note of appreciation and acknowledgement

This morning I am awake, and that's about it. 2 commencements, a dance (I left for an hour and came back and I'm pretty sure it was the same song...something techno, rap, hippity, raucas sort of...something. It was all very...bumpy and grindy. The parents put it together, an almost sudo-school event. I was mainly there to keep the riff-raff out and keep the peace if someone wanted to be annoying.) I almost made it to the sober grad night as an extra helper/chaparone but it just wasn't going to happen.

I have enjoyed the comments and the direction that the links have taken me. I've learned some new things. Here's one that may not be so obvious... I don't know everything (he says tongue in cheek) and I really appreciate those of you sharing your experiences and resources.

Today is my oldest son's birthday. He is 8. We are going to go fishing and then hit our favorite coffee house for something nicely caffinated for me (I'd like two extra shots in that mocha please!) and something fruity for him. We will both have whipped cream on them! The day is his, and as it turns out, mine as well.

The different baits, lines, hooks, sinkers, methods, jokes and pokes. Who gets the biggest fish and will we have it for breakfast? Will we clean the fish in front of his sisters? "Eww gross....hey daddy, what's that? Why that's the heart sweety" ( can you tell I'm not in an urban area? :-)

I will do the homeschool dad thing, which is to say I'm doing the dad thing. The schooling continues and the only text for today is "This is the day that the Lord has made, I will be glad and rejoice in it"

Monday we'll hit curriculum blue prints and mapping and a few other technical things that really do take a lot of energy and brain power to understand, but really only lend themselves to the public educator as hurdles they have overcome but the parents haven't, so the public educator is better suited to......well, my son is up and I'm going to start his day being his first happy birthday greeter :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home